After a few good days of prepping the floor and bottom of the cab we were finally able to spray it. The first couple of pictures show how not prepping panels properly turn out. The black peeling paint is actually POR 15. It was improperly applied so we removed it before applying our coatings over it. We started with a coat of PPG’s DPLV epoxy primer over the bare metal and properly prepared panels. We actually did that yesterday afternoon. This morning we came in applied SEM seam sealer to the seams and the weld areas where patches were installed. Once the seam sealer was dry, Jordan sprayed 2 coats of Raptor liner over the DP. This well provide a water proof barrier for the under side of this truck that will still look very nice. While we were at it, we also sprayed the inside of the bedsides that are exposed to the bottom of the truck. Up next, its time to start spraying some panels while we finish up the body work on the cab.
Still plugging away on the C-10. Last week we finished up the body work on the cab and applied a couple more coats of PPG’s high build epoxy. Because the body work was so extensive we will definitely block that out and prime it again to be sure we didnt miss anything. Today we started prepping bottom of the cab for bedliner. As you can see it was blasted giving us a good starting point. You can see there are new patches in the floors in the top corners. Those areas were a little thin and the cab mounts needed to be shored up some as well. While Jordan sanded the bottom, Paul got a great start on straightening out the rockers. We still have a bit of sanding to do on the floor and more work on the rockers but over the next couple of days we should be able to get the bottom of the cab sprayed with epoxy followed by a couple coats of Raptor liner.
Last week while we were spraying so much bedliner, we thought we would go ahead and spray the fender wells on the 70 Beetle we’ve been working on. This is so much better than undercoating because its tougher, looks better and is a true urethane product. We started by sanding the areas with 80 grit paper that we wanted to spray. We then masked off the areas that didnt get liner. Prepped it all up, and sprayed 2 coats of liner on here. Once it was dry, we untapped it and as you can see, it looks great. This car is really starting to look good.
This Tundra is in the shop to get fresh coat of paint. With all of the off roading stickers on here, Im going to assume that this rig has seen a few miles in the woods but now its time to straighten out a few of those dings and scratches and make this thing shine again. We started by removing the bed the handles the mirrors and various other parts from the truck. In trying not to get too out of hand on this one, we didnt completely disassemble the truck like we would for a higher end job, but the finished product will still look pretty good. We then repaired a few dents, installed a new left fender and started sanding the rest of the truck. Since we had the bed ready first, it went on into the booth for painting. We will also be doing a spray in bedliner on here next week. We painted the front of the truck today but didnt get an pictures of it in clear. You will have to wait to see that next week when its all wrapped up.
The owner of this Jeep CJ wanted a durable waterproof coating sprayed on the floor of his CJ. This is a perfect candidate for our Raptor spray in bedliner. First all of the interior was removed from the floor. Then the area was thoroughly sanded. We then cleaned the floor and masked off the areas that were not to get lined. An etching primer was sprayed over the bare metal spots for good adhesion. That was followed by two coats of the liner material. This is now a rugged, slip resistant, water proof coating that looks as good as it performs.
Today was very productive. We spent all morning sanding the cab to smooth up the metal so the epoxy would have a nice surface to bite to. After all the panels were sanded, special attention was paid to all the little nooks and crannies, and believe me, there were hundreds of them. After lunch, the cab was moved into the booth and was wiped down many times to ensure a good clean surface. We sprayed epoxy on the bottom of the cab first, then carefully set it down to spray the rest once it had set up some. Paul did a wonderful job getting primer in all the hidden and hard to reach areas. If any are found tomorrow, we will brush them in for coverage. Tomorrow we will also seam seal all of the cracks and crevasses that may hold water. Once that is dry, we will apply 3 good coats of slick sand high build primer and also spray the Raptor liner in the floor and bottom of the cab.
This Frontier was dropped off to get the bed fixed up. The bed had been used to carry various home improvement items and had a bit of wear and tear. This new sprayed in bed liner not only looks great but will protect the bed from future projects. It will also help keep the object from sliding all around back there as well. If you are looking to get a bed liner in your truck, give us a call.
This work van came in to get a spray in bed liner on the floor. The owner plans to install shelves and a work bench for a mobile repair shop. The bed liner will allow the floor to withstand in and out foot traffic and also a slip resistant surface on those rainy days. We started by sanding the areas that we are spraying. We then masked off the areas that we didn’t want over spray. Chris again, got out the Raptor liner gun out and laid down a few coats. As you can see, it really looks nice and will hold up great.