Blog Archives

Closing in

DSCF0562DSCF0564DSCF0565DSCF0567DSCF0568DSCF0563DSCF0572DSCF0571DSCF0570DSCF0573DSCF0574DSCF0575DSCF0576DSCF0577DSCF0584DSCF0585DSCF0582DSCF0583DSCF0593DSCF0592DSCF0591DSCF0590DSCF0588DSCF0589DSCF0566This past Friday was another good progress day on the FJ, we were able to get the doors painted. We started off by masking off the freshly trimmed out backside then flipped them over and prepped the front. Paul started with coat of urethane sealer followed by 3 coats of the white. Once all that was dry, we carefully masked off the line for the red and papered up the white. Three coats of red was then sprayed on the lower parts of the doors. We then unmasked the white and applied the clear coat. While Paul was spraying the doors, Jordan and Cole built the rear bumper and installed it with all new hardware. This week we will get the doors back on the vehicle and continue the assembly process.

Advertisements

Good day tater

IMG_4766 IMG_4768 IMG_4769Success!  We were able to get the bedside painted from yesterday. We started early this morning dressing the welds and  smoothing them up. We primed it right before lunch which made perfect timing for paint this afternoon. Since it is  a two-tone truck, we painted the bottom color first because its much easier to tape up the smaller amount. Once the silver was dry, we masked it off and sprayed the green. We then sprayed the green. Once the green was dry we un-taped the lower color and applied the clear. Tomorrow, re-assembly

%d bloggers like this: